LEADERS FOR TECHNOLOGICAL INDUSTRIES
To address the increasingly complex problems of modern engineering, leadership is required based on the systemic combination of technical performance, environmental awareness, social and political responsibility.
The courses offered by the Doctoral Program in Leaders for Technological Industries (LTI) seek to combine these strands in a new paradigm based on Engineering Systems, combining engineering training with management, social sciences, innovation, and leadership. It is thus intended to train leaders for the technical industries, especially qualified to act as agents of innovation in these sectors, allowing a new paradigm in the management of product and production development systems.
It is a Doctoral Program that has as differentiating characteristics, besides its curricular component, the possibility of an industrial internship, and a period of investigation in MIT.
- Mechanical engineering and related areas (aeronautics, aerospace, automotive, naval, etc.)
- Materials engineering and related areas (metallurgy, polymers, etc.)
- Industrial engineering and related areas (production systems, etc.)
- Biomedical engineering and related areas
- Industrial design.
- Other technical educational backgrounds may be considered (e.g., physics, mathematics, informatics), but such an applicant needs to be well supported by a relevant industrial curriculum.
The program seeks candidates who have strong motivation to develop a career in product development or technical or production management, preferably who have previous professional experience in an industrial environment.
Upon completion of the Doctoral Program in Leaders for Technology Industries, graduates will be able to:
- To lead multidisciplinary teams to face new and complex challenges in product development and manufacturing operations
- Plan and manage innovation strategies of technology-based companies
- Develop and implement research programs in industrial environments
FIELDS OF SPECIALIZATION
LTI research projects focus mainly on topics related to design and advanced manufacturing, and on the product development process in the following industrial sectors:
- Medical Devices
- INESC TEC – Institute for Systems and Computer Engineering, Technology and Science
- LAETA – Associate Laboratory of Energy, Transports, and Aeronautics
STUDY PLAN 2022/2023