The Doctoral Program in Physics Engineering (PRODEF) stands for the link between challenges of advanced physics and emerging technological solutions. It differs from other doctoral programs for its deeper knowledge of Physics. Among the objectives of this course is the development of skills to design original research and innovative entrepreneurship in a specific area of Engineering Physics. Skills such as agility in solving conceptual problems or ease in using scientific equipment play a central role, allowing us to be competitive in the face of current society challenges.
- Engineers or project managers in technology startup companies or already established ones in areas such as energy, nanotechnology, materials science, optoelectronics, instrumentation, large-scale measurement, applied mathematics or finance.
- Research functions in different industries including automotive and aerospace, defense, public sector, healthcare, energy, materials technology, computing, IT or education.
- Technology-based manufacturing functions; physical engineers are often in demand for improvement and development tasks for products and production processes, benefiting from a wide range of potential employers in multiple industries such as medicine, energy, defense, space exploration and telecommunications.
• INESC TEC – Institute for Systems and Computer Engineering, Technology and Science
• INEGI – Science and Innovation in Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
• IFIMUP – Institute of Physics for Advanced Materials, Nanotechnology and Photonics
• CENTRA – Center for Astrophysics and gravitation
• SYSTEC – Research Center for Systems and Technologies
• IPFN – Institute for Plasmas and Nuclear Fusion
STUDY PLAN 2023/2024