The city of Porto is easily accessible from abroad. Several airlines offer direct service to Francisco Sá Carneiro International Airport, located about 12 Km from the City Centre.
- TAP Portugal (Star Alliance member) direct flights from Amsterdam, Geneva, Lisbon, London (Gatwick and Heathrow), Luxembourg, Milan (Malpensa), Paris (Orly), Rome
- Air Berlin flights from several cities via Palma de Mallorca;
- Air France (Sky Team member) direct flights from Paris (Charles de Gaulle); Iberia (One World Alliance member) direct flights from Madrid; Iberia direct flights from Madrid;
- Lufthansa (Star Alliance member) direct flights from Frankfurt/Main (International).
- Ryanair direct flights from Frankfurt (Hahn), Liverpool, London (Stansteed) and Paris (Beauvais);
- Transavia direct flights from Amsterdam (Schipol).