Call for Papers
Download Call For Papers
Please, help us disseminate IEEE ITSC 2016 by forwarding this CFP to potentially interested people. You may use both PDF and text formats; the latter is especially appropriate to mailing lists which do not support attached files. Thanks!
Aim & Scope
The IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Conference is the annual flagship conference of the IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society. IEEE ITSC 2016 welcomes articles in the field of Intelligent Transportation Systems, dealing with new developments in theory, analytical and numerical simulation and modeling, experimentation, demonstration, advanced deployment and case studies, results of laboratory or field operational tests.
With much buzz around the concept of smart mobility and considering the importance of transportation to human development and well-being, ITSC 2016 especially invites and encourages prospective authors to share their work, findings, perspectives and developments under the general theme of “Intelligent Transportation for Smarter Societies.”
IEEE ITSC 2016 is organized by Faculdade de Engenharia, Universidade do Porto (FEUP), Portugal, and Instituto de Ciências Matemáticas e de Computação, Universidade de São Paulo (ICMC/USP), Brazil.
The technical areas of interest to IEEE ITSC include, but are not limited to, the following topics:
- Transportation Networks
- Advanced Public Transportation Management
- Ports, Waterways, Inland navigation, and Vessel Traffic Management
- Modeling, Simulation, and Detection of Vulnerable Road Users and Animals
- Air, Road, and Rail Traffic Management
- ITS User Services
- Emergency Management
- Artificial Transportation Systems
- Transportation Electrification
- Emissions, Noise, Environment
- Management of Exceptional Events: Incidents and Evacuation
- Security, Privacy and Safety Systems
- Transportation Smartification
- Commercial Vehicle Operations
- Intelligent logistics
- Sensing, Detectors and Actuators
- Connected and Probe Vehicles
- Big Data and Naturalistic Datasets
- Communication in ITS
- Cooperative Techniques and Systems
- Electronic Payment Systems
- Smart Mobility
- Traffic Theory for ITS
- Modeling, Control and Simulation
- HMI and Human-machine interaction
- Advanced vehicle safety systems
- Human Factors, Travel Behavior
- Behavioral modeling in ITS
- ITS Field Tests and Implementation
- Driver and Traveler Support Systems
- Intelligent Vehicles
- Vision, and Environment Perception
- Vehicle localization and autonomous navigation
- Crowdsourcing and Social Transportation
- Societal issues in ITS
- Education in ITS
- New trends and utopias in ITS
Brought for the first time to South America, IEEE ITSC 2016 will be held in Rio de Janeiro, one of the major economic and cultural hubs in the continent. A cosmopolitan metropolis, known worldwide for its scenic beauty and its natural resources, the city provides a harmonious and agreeable environment for its residents and visitors, both for leisure and work. The Technical Program of IEEE ITSC 2016 will take place at the Convention Center of Windsor Oceanico Hotel, located in the sophisticated Barra da Tijuca, a short walk from the beach. See more details in the Conference Venue option on the Conference’s Web portal.
Paper Submission & Publication
Prospective authors are invited to submit high-quality manuscripts presenting original results in all areas of Intelligent Transportation Systems and suggested topics listed in this CFP. Full papers in PDF format, written in English, must be electronically submitted for peer-review following IEEE two-column manuscript style. For submission guidelines and detailed information on publication, please follow the link below:
Papers accepted for the ITSC 2016’s Technical Program will be included in the Conference Proceedings to be published by IEEE and made available in IEEE Xplore Digital Library. IEEE ITSC Proceedings are indexed by major systems, such as Scopus, Thomson Reuters’ ISI WoS, and Engineering Village.
Selected papers of exceptional quality will be invited for submission to special issues of the IEEE Transactions on ITS and the IEEE ITS Magazine. Authors will be asked to revise their manuscripts according to the standards of the Transactions and the Magazine. Other journal and magazine destinations may be arranged for specific special sessions and workshops.
Workshop Paper Submission: July 11, 2016 Notification of Acceptance for Workshop Papers: August 17, 2016 Camera-Ready for Workshop Papers: September 21, 2016 (extended) Regular/Special Session Paper Submission: June 16, 2016 Notification of Acceptance for Regular & Special Sessions Papers: August 10, 2016 Camera-Ready for Regular & Special Session Papers: September 21, 2016 (extended)
See other important deadlines in the Important Dates option, on the Conference’s Web portal.