Artificial Intelligence (AI) is witnessing a huge amount of visibility, both in academia, industry and general public. In fact, several AI advancements have matured in the last years and have been applied in real-world applications. The aim of EPIA is to provide an excellent international forum that brings together researchers and practitioners interested in AI and its application in industry.
The 18th edition of EPIA — EPIA 2017 — will feature a set of thematic tracks, covering a wide spectrum of AI topics.
Submission and Reviewing
All papers should be submitted in PDF format through the EPIA 2017 EasyChair submission page. Prospective authors should select the thematic track to which their paper is to be submitted (see below).
Submitted papers should be prepared according to the Springer LNCS format, with a maximum of 12 pages. Some thematic tracks (see each track specific page) may accept short papers (max 6 pages). Submitted papers will be subject to a double-blind review process, and will be peer-reviewed by at least three members of the respective track Program Committee. It is the responsibility of the authors to remove names and affiliations from the submitted papers, and to take reasonable care to assure anonymity during the review process.
Proceedings and Presentations
Accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings (a volume of Springer’s Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence), provided that at least one author is registered in EPIA 2017 by the early registration deadline. EPIA 2015 proceedings were indexed in Thomson Reuters ISI Web of Science, Scopus, DBLP and Google Scholar.
Each accepted paper will be presented in a track session. Furthermore, authors will have the opportunity to participate in a poster session, open to every accepted paper (but limited to the available physical space).
- Best Paper Award, for the best research paper presented at the conference — €1000 sponsored by Springer
- Best Application Paper Award, for the best paper focusing a real-world application — €1000 sponsored by MASDIMA
Only papers that have been submitted to a thematic track and presented at the conference will be eligible for these awards.
The following thematic tracks on AI are included in the technical program:
- ABM4Crime – Agent-Based Modelling for Criminological Research
- AICPDES – Artificial Intelligence in Cyber-Physical and Distributed Embedded Systems
- AIG – Artificial Intelligence in Games
- AIM – Artificial Intelligence in Medicine
- AIPES – Artificial Intelligence in Power and Energy Systems
- AITS – Artificial Intelligence in Transportation Systems
- ALEA – Artificial Life and Evolutionary Algorithms
- AmIA – Ambient Intelligence and Affective Environments
- BAAI – Business Applications of Artificial Intelligence
- CoSTA – Computation Sustainability, Technologies and Applications
- IROBOT – Intelligent Robotics
- KDBI – Knowledge Discovery and Business Intelligence
- KRR – Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- MASTA – Multi-Agent Systems: Theory and Applications
- SE4AIS – Software Engineering for Autonomous and Intelligent Systems
- SSM – Social Simulation and Modelling
- TeMA – Text Mining and Applications
Paper submission deadline:
April 15, 2017 May 1, 2017
Paper acceptance notification: May 31, 2017
Camera-ready deadline: June 15, 2017
Conference: September 5-8, 2017