Welcome! You are visitor number .
I'm an Undergraduate Student at the University of
Department of Computing and Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
and Researcher at the
NIA&R - Artificial Intelligence & Robotics
If you want to see some personal pictures just click
If you want to leave a message just click below ...
Faculdade de Engenharia, Rua dos Bragas, 4099 PORTO codex, PORTUGAL
Fax: (351) 2 319280
I have been working for the last four years on neural networks applications on image and scene analisys in the NIA&R - Artificial Intelligence & Robotics Group. This special neural network's architecture is based on studies of the human visual cortex and simulates it's behavior.
I am working in my final course project which is called "Symbolic Neural Network Controller".
This project is based on a recent book called "Natural and Artificial Intelligence, Misconceptions about Brains and Neural Networks, by Armand M. de Callatay, North-Holland 1992".
I am on permanent contact with the author, which is a friend of Professor Eugénio Oliveira. Given the importance of the project's implementation and its application to mobile robotics, i have been encouraged by many people from the international scientific community.
This project consists essencially on an implementation of a new brain model that has given proofs to function in a
simple arm application, made by the book's author.
The areas involved are Computational Theory, Neurobiology, Neurophysiology, Mobile Robotics, Planning and Real Time Operating Systems.
There was in time, a little boy, ...
List of Relevant Papers
Participations on Conferences, Seminars and Workshops
- International Workshop entitled "First Portuguese Workwhop on Autonomous Underwater Vehicles",
Centro de Informatica da Universidade do Porto,
Porto, Setember 1993.
- International Seminar entitled "Advanced School on Artificial Intelligence (EAIA 94)",
on "Artificial Inteligence for Multi-Agent Systems: Methodologies and Applications",
Troia, Setember 1994.
- Seminar on "Automatic Control of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles",
Institute for Systems and Robotics,
Porto, October 1994.
- Conference entitled "7th Portuguese Conference on Pattern Recognition",
University of Aveiro,
Portugal, March 1995.
- First International Erasmus Seminar entitled "Advanced Course on Artificial Intelligence",
University of Magdebourg,
Germany, April 1995.
- Conference entitled "II Brasilian Conference on Neural Networks",
COPEL's Training Center,
Curitiba, Brasil, October - November 1995.
- Second International Erasmus Seminar entitled "Advanced Course on Artificial Intelligence",
Institute Nationnel Sciences Appliques (INSA),
Rennes, France, April 1996.
Some Groups I Belong to ...
- APPIA - Portuguese Association for Artificial Intelligence.
- IEEE - The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- LIACC - Artificial
Intelligence and Computer Cience Laboratory.
- Student Member of the National Engenieers Association.
Some Random Links ...
Films and TV
Magazines and Publishing
Turism and Travel
Searching the Internet
My friend's pages ...
My foreign friend's pages ...
Last Updated: April 1996